As the environment continues to evolve with regards to the COVID-19 outbreak, The Brooklin Medical Centre is working together with external agencies to optimize the health and wellbeing of our patients, their families and staff.
As you are aware, COVID -19 has impacted the way healthcare is being delivered and accessed across the country. That said, this is a pandemic that has the potential to be controlled through various means including social distancing. Therefore, we have made some temporary yet significant changes to our policies and procedures within the organization on how we deliver care.
Some of the changes include:
- All appointment requests will be triaged by phone and a telephone consultation will be scheduled with your primary care provider
- Once triaged by a physician, you will either be scheduled for an in person visit or instructed on how to proceed
- Our after-hours Urgent Care clinics (Mon -Thurs 5:00pm-8:00 pm, Sat 10:00am-1:00pm) will no longer be on a walk-in basis. Those who request to be assessed will initially be triaged by telephone and the appropriate appointments will be booked the same day or evening. This may be an in-person visit, teleconference or video-conference appointment. You may reach our designated Urgent Care line at 289-483-1134
- If you need your physician to renew your medication, please do not come to urgent care. Have your pharmacy fax a request to 905-655-4848. All fees will temporarily be waived.
- Wellness visits may be cancelled until further notice
- Pre-natal care, newborn and well-baby assessments, as well as patients with complex medical conditions and the elderly will be for morning appointments.
Note: Lakeridge Health Hospital has set up a COVID-19 Assessment Centre for individuals in Durham region. Those who are experiencing possible symptoms of COVID-19 should take the self-assessment which can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/#q0 or on our website at www.brooklinmedical.com. We will continue to update our phone lines and website as new information becomes available.
Please note that these changes are only temporary and in place to ensure and optimize the health and safety of our community. We ask that you please be patient as we deal with the impact of COVID-19.
Your patience and understanding during this difficult time, is appreciated.
Thank you for your understanding
The Brooklin Medical Centre